A couple weeks ago I had the opportunity to attend ALT as a coach with Alison’s Brand School. It was such a fun experience and I am BEYOND grateful for the friendships that I was able to cultivate there!
It’s been a long time since I had a good opportunity to dress up business babe style- (perks of working in yoga pants most days!) I knew I wanted to sport a fun fresh look without breaking the bank so I have put together my looks – that any tall and/or curvy girl can rock on a budget!
Before we get to all the clothes – I want you to remember that you too can have MORE body confidence today! I haven’t always been in a place where I felt confident in a jump suit, wearing bright red, or picking out a swim suit that would show my mid section. It has taken a lot of practice, a lot of patience, and a lot of grace. I have changed my focus and my thoughts to bring me to the place where I currently sit. Here are some good reminders to help you on your journey to Better Body Love too!
- Set goals that have nothing to do with what you look like
- Focus on your skills + talents + qualities
- Appreciate and be grateful for what your body is capable of
It’s the little things done consistently that will make a big difference.
If you’re a curvy girl struggling with confidence like I was, let me give you some tips!
1. SUPPORT SYSTEM – first things first for a curvy girl, make sure you have good support under the clothes! A fabulous bra, and underwear that supports always helps me feel better in my clothes! I also love some shapewear for extra support when I wear one piece clothing items!
2. DON’T HIDE IN BLACK! I get it, black is slimming – we have been hearing that for years – and when you feel good in black, rock it – but don’t feel like that’s your only option! PUT ON A POWER COLOR and strut your stuff!
3. BREAK THE RULES- No horizontal stripes? PSH! If something makes you feel amazing – wear it, rules are meant to be broken and I love a good stripe pattern in my outfits and I love breaking lots of other rules too!
4, SHOW YOUR SHAPE- Don’t hide in baggy clothes, figures are FUN! Wear clothes that fit your body and those curves are gorgeous! Own them!
5. OWN YOUR SIZE- Don’t be embarrassed if a size sounds bigger than you want to be, if the clothes fit – wear them! I talk to women who can’t bring themselves to spend money on clothes because they don’t want to buy a certain size, I say clothing is a worthwhile investment – spend money on items that make you feel awesome- no matter what size they are!
Ok, here are a few of my fav ALT outfits – ready!?
First up – Lady in red! When I originally shared this look on Instagram I had so many asking where the jumpsuit was from – but nope – these are 2 separate pieces.
SHOP THE LOOK! You can find this top HERE and the bottoms HERE
This year I have learned to love a good jumpsuit! This one is super comfortable too and as an added bonus it is on major sale! Check it out HERE!
I had dozens of comments on this darling cactus print blouse too! I love the cute detail on the sleeve as well as the length on this top! You can find it HERE and a similar capri / pant HERE
Oh the mustard kimono dress! This was hands down one of my favorite days and outfits to sport! This dress is so flattering – offers a great length, a forgiving fit, and a great loose sleeve! Grab one before they are gone!
Shop the dress HERE!
I waited 4 years to be able to wear this swimsuit so unfortunately, it’s not available but you can find similar swim coverups on swimsuitsforall.com
I love me a good Alison tee – but these pants are killer and everyone should own a pair! I hands down LOVE the Rockstar jeggings from Old Navy and basically own a pair in every color. Grab a pair today! You won’t regret it.
Find them HERE
I honestly feel like I made out like a bandit for Alt! Which look is your favorite?!
Happy shopping friends!
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment