A couple weeks ago I had the opportunity to attend ALT as a coach with Alison’s Brand School. It was such a fun experience and I am BEYOND grateful for the friendships that I was able to cultivate there!
It’s been a long time since I had a good opportunity to dress up business babe style- (perks of working in yoga pants most days!) I knew I wanted to sport a fun fresh look without breaking the bank so I have put together my looks – that any tall and/or curvy girl can rock on a budget!
Before we get to all the clothes – I want you to remember that you too can have MORE body confidence today! I haven’t always been in a place where I felt confident in a jump suit, wearing bright red, or picking out a swim suit that would show my mid section. It has taken a lot of practice, a lot of patience, and a lot of grace. I have changed my focus and my thoughts to bring me to the place where I currently sit. Here are some good reminders to help you on your journey to Better Body Love too!
- Set goals that have nothing to do with what you look like
- Focus on your skills + talents + qualities
- Appreciate and be grateful for what your body is capable of
It’s the little things done consistently that will make a big difference.
If you’re a curvy girl struggling with confidence like I was, let me give you some tips!
1. SUPPORT SYSTEM – first things first for a curvy girl, make sure you have good support under the clothes! A fabulous bra, and underwear that supports always helps me feel better in my clothes! I also love some shapewear for extra support when I wear one piece clothing items!
2. DON’T HIDE IN BLACK! I get it, black is slimming – we have been hearing that for years – and when you feel good in black, rock it – but don’t feel like that’s your only option! PUT ON A POWER COLOR and strut your stuff!
3. BREAK THE RULES- No horizontal stripes? PSH! If something makes you feel amazing – wear it, rules are meant to be broken and I love a good stripe pattern in my outfits and I love breaking lots of other rules too!
4, SHOW YOUR SHAPE- Don’t hide in baggy clothes, figures are FUN! Wear clothes that fit your body and those curves are gorgeous! Own them!
5. OWN YOUR SIZE- Don’t be embarrassed if a size sounds bigger than you want to be, if the clothes fit – wear them! I talk to women who can’t bring themselves to spend money on clothes because they don’t want to buy a certain size, I say clothing is a worthwhile investment – spend money on items that make you feel awesome- no matter what size they are!
Ok, here are a few of my fav ALT outfits – ready!?
First up – Lady in red! When I originally shared this look on Instagram I had so many asking where the jumpsuit was from – but nope – these are 2 separate pieces.
This year I have learned to love a good jumpsuit! This one is super comfortable too and as an added bonus it is on major sale! Check it out HERE!
Oh the mustard kimono dress! This was hands down one of my favorite days and outfits to sport! This dress is so flattering – offers a great length, a forgiving fit, and a great loose sleeve! Grab one before they are gone!
Shop the dress HERE!
I waited 4 years to be able to wear this swimsuit so unfortunately, it’s not available but you can find similar swim coverups on swimsuitsforall.com
I love me a good Alison tee – but these pants are killer and everyone should own a pair! I hands down LOVE the Rockstar jeggings from Old Navy and basically own a pair in every color. Grab a pair today! You won’t regret it.
Find them HERE
I honestly feel like I made out like a bandit for Alt! Which look is your favorite?!
Happy shopping friends!