WHY MEAL PREP!?
It’s healthier, takes the stress out of mealtime and it saves you BIG money! It’s a win win win!
I posted in January on my Instagram stories that I was having some health issues caused by stress and unhealthy eating – and I made the decision that my ONLY goal for 2019 was to take care of my body and put it as my top priority.
It wasn’t an easy move, I was stuck in some bad habits and pretty awful patterns, but luckily I have found my stride. Heading into April and I have made so much progress. I feel great, I sleep better, I have more energy- and I have more peace! One of the MAIN things I do every week to take better care of myself is food prep!
Eating healthy isn’t EASY but it can be EASIER if you are prepared!
Eating healthy is important to me, so I make time for it. Once a week I prep food for myself and my family – so my fridge essentially becomes my own fast food restaurant!
Each week I make:
- Hard boiled eggs
- Roasted Veggies (425 for 5 min always!)
- Shredded Chicken
- Shredded Pot Roast
- Green Salads
This makes up about 10+ lunches and quick dinners on nights I want to stick to my goals instead of being unprepared and grabbing something unhealthy.
One of the major bonuses of food prep is you actually eat the healthy food you buy, no more vegetable graveyard in your fridge – we all have good intentions when we buy the food, but I have found if I don’t set aside time to prep it, it usually goes bad before I get to it!
Here are the recipes I use weekly for food prep HERE
Here are the storage containers I use HERE
I had a lot of questions about how long food lasts, I usually can get about 7 days out of my meals – but not much more than that!
Here some quick tips for food prep success!
- Meal Prep! You can do this any way you want, but of course, I would recommend my app Favoreats! It makes it super easy for you to set up a custom meal plan easily using recipes from any site on the internet! Once you drag and drop your recipes for the week into your meal plan – it automatically creates a shopping list for you with all the ingredients – ITS SO EASY, and FREE! You can’t lose download the app HERE!
- Choose a prep day, get all your shopping + food prep done in 1 day! It only takes a couple of hours and makes life so easy for the rest of the week, I have meals on the go and in the majority of ingredients ready also!
- Invest in good meal prep containers, they make your food last long, and reusable and washable! These are my favorites HERE
- Prep for snacks! Sometimes its as easy as cutting up some cucumbers and putting them in a baggy so its an easy precut snack on the go!
- Keep it simple! Don’t make super complicated recipes, just whip up the basics so you can eat them straight or mix the veggies & protein together for a quick & healthy meal on-the-go.
Happy meal prepping!