I was so excited when Country Crock reached out to me and asked if I would want to try their products in some yummy recipes! They were so generous to send me a full Easter basket of baking materials so I could get started!
I decided to have my kids help me bake them because I love getting them involved in the kitchen, it’s usually a little more stressful BUT we make fun memories and traditions.
Together we made the Lemon Curd Ricotta Cupcakes & Strawberry Buttercream Frosting. They were the YUMMMIEST cupcakes we made today in partnership with Country Crock®.
Using these Country Crock® Buttery Sticks made this recipe so easy because they don’t need any softening, mix easily straight out of the fridge and are made with sunflower oil so they have a soft creamy texture. I also used it in the frosting recipe and put my own spin on it adding strawberries!
It’s a really quick way to use this in place of butter in your favorite recipes.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 18 minutes
Total Time 33 minutes
Servings 12 cupcakes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour, not self-rising
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Country Crock® Unsalted Buttery Sticks, 1 stick
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup lemon curd
- 1 cup Country Crock® Unsalted Buttery Sticks, 2 sticks
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
1) Preheat oven to 350 F.
2) In a medium-sized mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, mix together sugar, cake flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3) Add Country Crock® Buttery Sticks and mix on medium-low speed for three minutes.
4) In a small mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, ricotta, and vanilla extract until smooth.
5) Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and beat on medium speed until just combined.
6) Slowly add milk and mix on low speed until just combined.
7) Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
8) Bake for 18 minutes and then test to see if they are done. They are done when a toothpick comes out without wet batter stuck to it. If they are not done, test again every two minutes.
9) When the cupcakes are done, remove them immediately from cupcake tins and leave them on a cooling rack (or just on your counter if you don’t own a cooling rack) to cool.
10) Once cooled, cut a small circle around the middle of the top of each cupcake, going down 3/4 of the way into the cupcake creating small cylinders. Remove the cylinders and set aside.
11) Fill each cupcake with 1 tablespoon of lemon curd.
12) Remove the bottom half of each of the removed cake cylinders. Place the top halves back on top of the filled holes. Don’t worry if they don’t perfectly fit as you will be covering them with frosting.
1) In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat Country Crock® Buttery Sticks until light and fluffy.
2) Slowly mix in powdered sugar until fully combined.
3) Puree raspberries in a food processor or blender. Press through a fine sieve to remove seeds. Measure out 1/4 cup of raspberry puree and mix into the frosting.
4) Mix in lemon extract.
5) Spread or pipe on cooled cupcakes.
Double the frosting recipe if you prefer large frosting swirls.
Once again this was a really fun partnership, thank you Country Crock®
This post was sponsored by Country Crock®